Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sisters of the Peony Garden 2003

Glances of the elusive damsels,
Have entranced the petals.
Only the peony flowers will lure the sisters of this garden of mystery,
Closer to my window as I observe their spell.

Is it the giggling laughter of those young maidens,
Or merely the hush of the seasonal winds,
Which seem only to transcend in the Spring.
What pretty flowers,
The apparition of youth and rebirth perhaps sends me back to dreaming,
That time of a life well worn and that path weathered down,
But travelled without regrets.

Mother of this Earth,
Your messengers,
I have decided these young garden women must be,
Reveal yourselves to me and ward off the faeries, leprechauns, sprites, and
Other mystical incantations of human belief.
You occupy this space and leave your beauty and fragrance,
Amongst the flowers in my earthly room.

And I am always saddened when the chills of autumn arrive,
As the lovely sisters of the peony,
Dance a final fluttering au revoir,
To the lovers of nature.
Blowing sweet kisses to the aging blossoms,
And the cascade of the mottled,
Brilliant colours of beauty,
Fall...
To...
My...
Heavy...
Heart.

2 comments:

alex*at*aufdemaur said...

I like the composition here.
and the close up is nice! flower details here are lovely

Richardson said...

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your comment. I enjoy every year around late February when those peony flowers begin to bloom in my garden; and then more painting are in the works.
Bye,
Richardson.