Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kingfisher's Hollow 1997

Dare not to venture further in this lushes hollow.
I'm always driven to carry on with a quest and unlikely to follow,
French easle in tow and a heavy bag for my work,
A bird seeks to hunt around me, and it's ready to lurk,
Birches and Cottonwood, the feel is right and divine,
Finding the right subject, God am I in the right place and right time?
The winds caress of the grasses, upset the resting insects,
Seeds cast a drift with which its voyage unexpected,
Transcend me to a time I seek more knowledge and discover,
Lured to my subject briefly, interrupted by the calls not to shutter,
A sharp cackle from the stout, long billed, please come to me,
Beautiful life force of winged harmony,
It sparkles in the primal light with a crest crowned and glorious,
Clutching on with small claws and tail enough to retrieve its spoils,
Composition completed and creative release of ones being,
My small beauty visits each posts on which to capture a meal,
Are you of nobility and a name sake to a puppet ruler,
Those wings carry your form, a life force, perhaps a brethren crueler,
Are you really one of the king's fisher?
But I know your better than that, a Heavenly gift, just call me the wisher.

No comments: