Saturday, November 22, 2008

Emotional Revisit 2008

I do find it interesting to revisit painting sites, as this one of the Iona Parklands is one of my favorite places. I'm aware of the ever changing light and the way the clouds play with the sun; shadows cast down upon the landscape create for me another unique composition. That unpredictable wind, always there arrranges the stage by moving those languishing clouds, and my hat bounces happily with the brim just teasing my peripheral. On this trip a feral cat came quite close to me and I watched it roam, and thought how beautiful it was. Someone was cruel to the cat and selfishly threw it away, but I'm happy she's survived with probably a family in the nearby forest. So everytime I paint this familiar vista, fond memories flood back to me, even if the changes are emotional.

No comments: