Saturday, July 24, 2010

In Praise of the Songbirds 2002

Voices sweetly converse with melody,
They'll sing back with delight,
Each pose with sweet forms of vitality,
What tiny hearts and a song in tune for the night,
Perching with such frozen elegance,
I wonder what the other people have felt,
This composition reveals something which may delight,
Island of Mayne in these Straits which we've sailed,
Do these waters reflect or embody the murky depths,
Greenish blues collide with the umber greens,
That I have met and many of us which have seen,
The songbirds which hitch a ride on the winds,
Hold to the wild strawberries with care,
I'll hold these sticks of colour and dare,
Mere scratches I hope will delight,
Perhaps a song to mesmerize,
My beautiful sunburst of life,
The gusts persist and tantalize,
Just the rhythm of this land awakes,
Please don't release the goldfinches,
As their sudden flight will take shape.

No comments: