Saturday, June 20, 2009

About the Sails 2005

I feel your invisible force across my weathered face,
Ever changing elements,
A power only seen when your presence is tethered,
Could that be merely a cerebral thought,
The cloth buckles and wails and shows what its catch would embody,
People have created the colours so unique,
But my palette would blush from within its many underlayers of hues,
All together shimmering and worn by the moist particals of motion,
I love the speed in which you drive the vessels,
The marriage of the rigging, mast and booms; along with the dancing, flowing drappery,
Would appear to be the only movement on the ocean,
Perhaps instantaneous are the Sails,
And on that worrying shore,
Only your motionless adornment remains.

1 comment:

Ann Christine Dennison said...

I love the feel of this painting, the movement and the palet you have used!