Saturday, May 23, 2009

Finn Slough 1978

Moment of silence and contemplation,
I've lived here many years so long ago,
A community of tranquility,
A reality somewhat would many like to know,

For some quaint time in that village,
Which shares the Frasers passage,
My house filled with memories viewed and enjoyed by selective visitors,
Please don't envy or admire the quaintness,

In the seventies she floated defying the tides,
And played with buoyant anticipation with each ebb and flow,
She now stands on her six beautiful legs,
To the greedy "No" I would not sell my abode,

I have known of her embrace towards the wreckage and tidal ducks,
Their journey I look too with fondness and not despair,
The brave adventurers would kayak sometimes pass my sundeck,
My make shift garden with pots of generosity,
Plenty to feed the family and more,

The neighbours would share stories and adventures,
Now corrupt politicians try to lie and swindle us out of our homes,
We love our water accessible village,
They'll only see waterfront land; what a bunch of greedy flippers,
And we pay taxes and know to stand up for what we adore,

A friendly couple said " hello" many years don't you know,
We're still writing and sharing memories,
They call it sweetly the painters village at the slough,
I along with them discovered many more Artists painting,
Along our dike and lovely ones too,

Many have moved and I miss them wouldn't you,
My home has been renovated with such loving care,
But it 's pontoon-barge base and hidden recess remains for me,
The foundation of what was once so dear to me,
I love my Finn Slough; the time there never faded and memories which I hold onto.

No comments: