Saturday, May 31, 2008

Foxgloves 2006

Long time ago when I was walking along a trail with a ravine that had a small brook, I spotted a red-fox. It was winter and very early in the morning and the fox never knew I had gazed upon it; what a beautiful colour and an exceptional siting for me. When there's lots of rain in spring usual around June the wild foxgloves will be abundant along the river marshlands, secret trails, ditches and the most unexpected hiking routes. I'm missing them this year, so far, and I know some years they lie dormant in their earthly vaults. Only the right conditions of rainfall and heat will liberate them into growing: their familiar spears of pink, beige, and purple trumpet flowers recognizable from afar. Such dainty delicate little gloves only a fox could slip on.

No comments: