Saturday, January 29, 2011

Whytecliff Marine Park 1987

I remember how warm it was in June as my family, friends and myself went to Whytecliff Park for a picnic. It is located near Horseshoe Bay and we found a beautiful spot for our picnic. The trails leading towards the forest and the beach were all nearby. The children were very little and were told not to eat the wild berries, as some were beginning to fruit and may be harmful if ingested.

After lunch everyone found something enjoyable to do and since it was low tide I went to paint. I located some pretty white flowers growing above the tidemark. I've seen the wild strawberries all reddish-orange in July and finally found them in flower. The white of the paper was left; as it would symbolize the white in the petals of this plant. The vines and leaves always remain the same and I love this composition.

3 comments:

Swim For Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Richard, I did come and have a look at your lovely work. This one is my favorite. It is beautiful, great work.
Sharnee

Richardson said...

Thank-you Sharnee for your visit and leaving that very nice comment!
Richardson.