Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Watercolour Ride 1995

A country ride was never a drive,
The fortunate ones stayed alive,

Buckling never became a fact,
Thanks to Heaven we all use that tact,

This image will live again in water detail,
Papers strength and application entail,

I loved everything I saw that day,
Hundreds of different views in May,

Wildflowers and creatures around me a lot,
All us people in this painterly party greet and talk,

When it is time to depart and drive away,
We're so happy our jalopy isn't one from that heyday.

2 comments:

CountryDreaming said...

All the greens give the feeling of being in a jungle ... though your forests I think tend to be more lush than the ones I'm used to in Ohio. That car certainly makes a good subject, as well as a good chameleon to blend in with its surroundings. Nice series!

Richardson said...

Hi CountryDreaming,
Thank you for your nice comment and I'm glad your enjoying this series. The Westcoast of British Columbia where I live is basically a rainforest; our winters a quite mild too. I hope your winter in Ohio wasn't to bad.
Bye,
Richardson.