Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spring Flowers of Manning Park 1997

Those early birds greeted me in a chorus of song,
Quite a fetching tribute to another early morning visitor,
I painted elsewhere but gathered and loved the selection,
Wildflower fields brimming with the wild geraniums,
Harebells,
And lupine,
Off in the distance,
Meadows shimmering with yellow buttercups,
I couldn't reach for the stream was fast moving,
The warmth of the sun would send those chills from winter back to that place unknown,
Now the butterflies and insects from their night time torpor,
Would begin to warm back to life,
On the perimeters of the meadows,
The wild deer would shyly graze,
On the sweet grasses and shepherd's purse,
And at the cabin,
My familiar glass vase made a sturdy home,
For that days harvest,
I almost worshipped and praised for their beauty,
And the painting; which soon followed.

4 comments:

Melo said...

Hi there, Richardson!

Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog! Your work reminds me of Van Gogh...the colors are very expressive. I have an artist friend who lives where you life. You don't know her by any change, do you? Karen Day?
She's always wearing colorful disguises...lol

Richardson said...

Hi Cris,
Thanks for your nice comment and visit. No I don't know Karen. I'm sure one day when you come back to visit your friend; choose spring. The cities beautiful, with all the cherry-blossoms, especially in Stanley Park.
Bye,
Richardson.

Anonymous said...

Hi Richardson

I love the colours you use in your artwork and the writings you post alongside them. I've placed links to your site on my sites so I hope you don't mind. Let me know.

www.landscapeartbystella.com
http://allthingsartbypastella.blogspot.com
http://pastellasartmaterials.blogspot.com

Richardson said...

Hi Stella,
Thank-you for your kind words and visiting again. No, I don't mind you placed links to my site.
Bye,
Richardson.