Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weepers of the Willows 1993

Send me bounding out of this land,
I once saw a spirit,
I shutter to know why your mournful cries swept amongst the dying leaves,
Small pendulum and extraordinaire,

Willows of this ancient bank,
The river swift and hid and knows,
The body of the solemn all lost,
But at last your soul I have found and grow to woe,

Please may I save and release you,
A shroud which awaits you,
God is forgiving and will bless the mortal,
You have been absolved and express in that place which you will rest,

I have remembered the deeds of their gone byways,
My kin and I would play amongst the dunes of sand,
These monuments of land which drift and would travel ,
Hearing those cries once more as the willow will force,
That entity which I fought many, many decades ago,
Worried itself away and could not steal my Soul,

Now the insolent boat clubs tread,
The ancestral place your people worshipped you to Rest,
Your remains searched for but eluded,
But the willows voice never ceased and divulged,

A journey of reincarnation awaits you,
Or perhaps a prophet in your next life will venture you away,
I like to believe to a better place than here,
The decaying leaves only cast a layer of uncertainty,

That life vessel which I suppose you chose,
A mysterious Dol-porpoise all waiting,
Along the middle-arm it eloquently swam on its peaceful journey,
Your Soul, in which now will go,

Have you now transported yourself back to a different plane?
You live once more and a peace fills my hopes,
Your watery journey has lead you back to your ancestors,
As the weeping from the willows no longer can be heard.

No comments: