Saturday, August 6, 2011

Johnston Creek Park 1981

This is a watercolour painting I completed on our trip back from visiting friends in Osoyoos.
The waters of the creek and the trees of the fir, larch and spruce were completed with quite a lot of detail. I liked especially the way the branches would break up this composition into segments creating a stain glass effect.
It was a cool Indian Summer day in late September.
I loved the way the sunlight shone through the dense forest leaves high above Johnston Creek; which made the waters sparkle like many little jewels.
 

2 comments:

Norhani Abdul Rahman said...

Richardson, this is beatiful, at first, I thought it was a photograph. It looks so real. Well done!

Richardson said...

Thank-you Norhani,

For your very kind comment and visiting and I'm glad you liked the watercolour.