Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tweedsmuir Park of 1988 meets Digital Art

On some of the compositions which appear quite sketchy, I've decided to enhance the image by using digital art. For example in this Tweedsmuir Park painting in late summer; the sky looked too sepia so I felt the aquamarine would make the image stand out more. I personally don't find the paint program of a computer exciting, but in time I'm getting used to that technology. A brush still dipped in pigment and applied by the artist is so much more beautiful, with the lavished brush strokes visible. It just has that human touch which is so unique, and thus the painting has Soul.

2 comments:

AmandaL said...

I agree nothing can replace the touch of a human hand when creating art. I have spent many years both painting with a brush and working with digital graphics and 3d animation. I think some of the imagery created with 3d models and programs like 3D studio Max or Maya reflect their own kind of soul. Sometimes beautiful things can happen in the digital world by mistake. I guess I am trying to say that I feel it is just another medium like photography or screenprinting where although we use technology the originality and peculiarity of the human touch still shines through.

Richardson said...

Hi AmandaL,

Thanks for your comment on my Tweedsmuir Park of 1988 Meets Digital Art.

Bye,

Richardson.